Do you like quizzes? Hereâ€™s a fun multiple choice quiz to test how much you know about recent (1930 through 1990) history, one question per decade. Put your answers in a comment before January 1, 2007, and Iâ€™ll email you the answers. (By the way, all the answers can be found in my book Making History.) All 100% correct quizzes will be entered into a drawing to be held January 2, 2007. The winner of the drawing wins a FREE copy of Making History!
1. 1930s: A popular kind of strike in the 1930s was the: a)Stand Up Strike; b)Stretch Out Strike; c)Sit Down Strike; d)Bend Over Strike
2. 1940s: In the slang of the 40s, when you talked about your “hinges,” you were referring to your: a)Elbows; b)Car keys; c)Money; d)Parents
3. 1950s: The Russians were first into Space with the launching in 1957 of: a)Brodsnik; b)Nyetnik; c)Sputnik; d)Plodnik
4. 1960s: The Kennedy years in the White House were often referred to as: a)Atlantis; b)Brigadoon; c)Utopia; d)Camelot
5. 1970s: Louise Brown was born in 1978. Who is she? a)A computer virus that attacked the Pentagon; b)The world’s first test-tube baby; c)The first hurricane to be given a first and last name; d)The first person to die of AIDS
6. 1980s: In 1987 the New York Stock Exchange took what radical step? a)They opened for business on Sundays; b)They allowed traders to smoke on the floor of the exchange; c)They forbade swearing on the floor of the exchange; d)They put in a ladies’ restroom